performs administration of Linux (and some Windows) based servers to support customers, ensuring their complex infrastructures stay up and running 24/7/365 while working with bleeding-edge technology, candidate must be a resident of Egypt and has right to work in Egypt.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for customers support view ticketing systems or phone calls, administering and maintaining linux servers and web hosting services to support the customers and business operations.
- Monitoring servers for stability and taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent issues.
- Maintain servers and network SLA uptime.
- Support complex network communications infrastructures.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Deep dive to root cause a customer’s issues.
- Design and implement migration plan for websites from server to server.
- Providing fellow system administrators and newcomers with technical support and guidance.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Sync up with the previous shift crew to take over a high-priority support case and were keeping an eye on things to make sure they have everything that they need.
- One or more years hands-on Administrating Linux Servers experience preferable in Webhosting environments. “Windows webhosting is a plus”
- Extensive system administration experience with RedHat Linux and web services.
- Scripting experience, specifically one or more of: Perl, Python and Bash.
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues.
- Advanced knowledge of the following, but not limited to, cPanel/WHM, Apache, FTP, MySQL, PHP Administration, Virtualization, Mail Service, DNS, Servers Remote Management, Monitoring system.
- Excellent knowledge of web application troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Load balancing, failover and distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
- Strong understanding of network and server security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Ability to operate in high-pressure environment and successfully manage competing priorities.
- Understanding groundbreaking web technologies.
- Monitors system performances/services/network traffic using monitoring tools.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree.
- RHCSA/RHCE is a plus.
Benefits of Working at HorizonTechs
There are multi benefits to working at HorizonTechs. If job security and improve career skills are what you are seeking, HorizonTechs may be your match. With the rapid growth and expansion we have experienced, we are searching for qualified and talented candidates to share our many benefits with. At HorizonTechs, we believe that by providing employees with an environment that they want to work in, the customer support they provide will be at their best. We have a relaxed but professional work environment that encourages the exchange of new ideas and team work.
It would be a great opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing hosting companies alongside some of the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals.
- Competitive compensation
- Up to 21 days paid vacation
- Relaxed, but professional environment
- Flexible scheduling
- Appreciate working during holidays by providing higher rates for overtime.
- Social insurance packages covered.
- Company outings.